MIXING: It is the process in which all the ingredients are mixed to prepare the required dough. The dough mixer is used for mixing various ingredients such as flour, sugar, fat, water, and other chemicals for making hard, soft or fermented dough for making biscuits.
Type of Mixer Used in Biscuit Industries: In Industries, there are different kinds of Mixers has been used but usually the mixer which is been used by most of the industries is Z blade Mixers which allows appropriate and proper mixing of all ingredients of Biscuits and cookies.
Some Technical specifications are:
Mixer used for mixing is High Speed Mixer with Z blade with two motor having capacity of 50 &5 HP.
It is jacketed type of mixer having inlet outlet valve so as to keep cool and hot as supply of cool and hot water as per the condition or requirement of recipe.
Design of a Mixer in Biscuit Industries:
A base plate over which two side frames are fitted for taking the load of mixing chamber of bread dough mixer which is fitted on side frames.
In the mixing chamber of bread dough mixer two Z/sigma type-mixing blades are fitted which rotate at different speeds in opposite direction to mix various types of soft/hard dough for achieving required glutton of dough.
An electrically operated tilting device is also fitted to tilt mixing chamber to unload mixed dough. The machine is covered from all sides to avoid dust and accidents etc.
The rest of the technical specifications of Mixers will be shared in different post. You can search in Website.
Procedure of Mixing in Biscuits Manufacturing
Dough Mixing during Manufacturing process plays an important role in the quality of Biscuits.
Mixing is known as the backbone of biscuit. It provides strength to our dough which ultimately decides the quality and category of biscuits manufactured.
The steps need to be done very properly in order to get good quality biscuits and Dough with stable texture.
The Procedure following during Mixing is as Following:
- Take prepared cream from creamer by pressing the button flashing (Ready) on panel to the mixer
- Take HFC & Broken to the mixer and mix at high speed for 4 mints.
- Stop the mixer and take Required Maida by Pressing Maida Ready flashing button on the panel
- Mix at low speed for 3 mints. And tilt down to the respective dough trolley.
- Keep for 30 mints (standing time) before tilt up in Rotary Hooper
- Capacity of Mixer is 550 kg.
- RPM 63 at High & 30 – 30.5 at slow mixing.
Process Control at Mixing:
There are lot of process controls in every section and at every step of biscuit Manufacturing. Therefore, in mixing there are many process control check points need to be checked and verified for good quality dough. These process control checks are as following:
- Dough consistency or Dough Density.
- Standing time – 30 mints.
- Dough temperature – 32-38oC
- Process water temperature – 25±2oC (winter) & 8-15oC (summer)
- Dough pH – 7.8 – 8.8
I Hope you liked the article which may aid in your knowledge about biscuit mixing. Don’t forget to share it with your friends and colleagues. Keep Visiting for more.